Type of Intervention: Executive Order, Specific Action
Sectors Involved: Environment, Tourism
Intervention Categories: Social and physical distancing measures; Gatherings, businesses, and services; Domestic travel
Level of Jurisdiction: Nova Scotia
Lead People/Agency: Hon. Chuck Porter
Overview: Previous measure of “All Provincial and municipal parks and beaches are closed to all.” replcaed with:
1. All Provincial and municipal beaches and trals along or through a beach continue to remain closed to all.
2. All children’s playgrounds continue to remain closed to all.
3. All Provincial and municipal parks, including trails within parks, all school grounds, and sports fields, are open with conditions:
– Not being within groups of greater than 5 people
– Adhering to social distancing rules
– Only with individuals of your immediate household or alone
These do not apply for those carrying out duties of essential emergency personnel.
Full details here: https://novascotia.ca/coronavirus/docs/Direction-of-Minister-under-a-Declared-State-of-Emergency-1-May-2020.pdf
Type of Justification: Advice of INTERNAL government advisory committee or group
Evidence/Justification: Based on the authority given by Section 14 of the Emergency Management Act.